It’s a little late posting but I had to share.
Happy Birthday to Big Red! I have known her since I was a toddler, and that’s a long time. I couldn’t ask for a better person to call my best friend! She is always there and never ask for anything in return. Happy Birthday!
My sister thought if would be fun to make a cupcake bouquet for her birthday. We got together with our daughters and came up with this beautiful cupcake bouquet. It was very easy to make, the hardest part was baking the cupcakes.
We took plastic cups for the dollar store and stapled them together. We added green confetti paper grass in each cup. Wrapped it with a ribbon and set the decorated cupcakes in each cup opening. Then we added frosting leaves in between each cupcake, and bingo we were done!
We had fun making the our 1st cupcake bouquet, we decided to make another bouquet for a friends bridal shower party. This one was made with almost 60 mini cupcakes.
We didn’t stop there, my sister had the idea to shape the cupcakes together as a wedding dress, she’s so smart!
We make a great team!!
Can’t wait to make more cupcakes creations!
Since zucchini season is just around the corner, I thought I would share another yummy recipe using zucchini. This Chocolate Zucchini Cake has become the most requested cake from my family during the zucchini season. I normally make it in a bunt pan, but today I decided to make cupcakes instead. It is so most and full of chocolate flavors, I am sure it will soon become a favorite with your family as well.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups canola oil (vegetable is ok)
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup nuts (optional)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
6 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup toasted nuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease and flour a bunt pan or for cupcake line tin with liners.
1) In a medium bowl add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon mix together.
2) In a large bowl beat oil, eggs, vanilla sugar. Add flour mixture. When well combined add zucchini and nuts.
3) Pour into prepared bunt pan or cupcake tin.
4) Bake cake for 50 to 60 minutes/cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
For Chocolate Glaze
1) In a microwave safe medium bowl add semisweet chocolate chips, butter and light corn syrup, mix together.
2) Microwave mixture for about 15 seconds. Stir until well combined and smooth. May need an additional 5 seconds depending on your microwave.
3)Drizzle over cake, let it run down the sides. For cupcakes dunk tops in glaze or drizzle on top.
4) Add nuts on top, if you have any left over glaze, drizzle a little on top nuts.