I love anything with chocolate and banana… candy, ice cream and cake. I especially like chocolate covered frozen bananas. When I was little and the ice cream truck came down our street, I always got a frozen banana. To this day if I get anything off the ice cream truck, my first choice is still the frozen banana.
When I was in my kitchen one day I noticed that my bananas were getting kinda ripe. I didn’t want to make just plain banana bread, I thought why not add chocolate. So I tweaked my banana bread recipe and added chocolate…. mmmmm.. did it come out good! Big V asked me to make another loaf so he could take some to work. I knew it was a keeper at that point. So here I share my Chocolate Banana Bread recipe with you!
Chocolate Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I use dark cocoa powder)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350. Prepare loaf pan with non stick spray.
1) In a medium bowl mix mashed bananas, melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla.
2) In a different medium bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. If adding nuts do so at this time.
3) Fold flour mixture into banana mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
4) Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out on to cooling rack to cool.
My daughter Nina and I love chocolate. Every so often we get the urge to make something real chocolaty. One day brownies sounded good, but not just any plain brownies they had to be full of chocolate. So putting our heads together we came up with Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies. They are so rich, fudgy and full of chocolate it will satisfy any chocolate craving. If you take them to any potluck or gathering, I’m sure your going to be asked for the recipe. So feel free to share and let eveyone know you got the recipe from Little Country Wagon.
Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons of vanilla paste
3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
or 1 cup of regular chocolate chips
1/2 cups of nuts (optional)
Powdered sugar for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 325
1) Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, spray lightly with non stick spray. Make sure parchment paper hangs over sides of pan for easy removing.
2) In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add chocolate chips and nuts (optional), mix to coat chips and nuts with flour mixture. Set aside.
3) With mixer beat oil and sugar until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mix well between eggs. Add vanilla paste. Mix until light and fluffy.
4) Hand fold flour mixture into oil mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
5) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Test with toothpick, done when toothpick has a few most crumbs on it.
6) Cool completely, dust with powdered sugar.