My daughter Nina and I love chocolate. Every so often we get the urge to make something real chocolaty. One day brownies sounded good, but not just any plain brownies they had to be full of chocolate. So putting our heads together we came up with Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies. They are so rich, fudgy and full of chocolate it will satisfy any chocolate craving. If you take them to any potluck or gathering, I’m sure your going to be asked for the recipe. So feel free to share and let eveyone know you got the recipe from Little Country Wagon.
Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons of vanilla paste
3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
or 1 cup of regular chocolate chips
1/2 cups of nuts (optional)
Powdered sugar for dusting
Pre-heat oven to 325
1) Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, spray lightly with non stick spray. Make sure parchment paper hangs over sides of pan for easy removing.
2) In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add chocolate chips and nuts (optional), mix to coat chips and nuts with flour mixture. Set aside.
3) With mixer beat oil and sugar until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mix well between eggs. Add vanilla paste. Mix until light and fluffy.
4) Hand fold flour mixture into oil mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
5) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Test with toothpick, done when toothpick has a few most crumbs on it.
6) Cool completely, dust with powdered sugar.